Thursday, July 23, 2009

Praise and Scorn


It's been a while since our last post, and while we do have something rather big in the works for you, I thought I'd write a little post to tide you over.

Praise, this week, goes to:

-Evan, who accompanied me to a hospital, not once, but twice. Without complaining (well, I complained, but he didn't).

-Bread. We have found some hard to obtain, but ultimately worth the effort, honest to God, excellent bread. I mean, not excellent by California standards, but by our previous Thailand standards, this bread is off the charts. So we've been eating a lot of delicious sandwiches.

-Gruyere. You know who you are, gruyere lovers. Most people can't even pronounce this cheese's name, let alone identify it as food. The source for this had been previously identified, but this week we found a 2 for 1 deal. Score!! An excellent addition to the delicious sandwiches.

-Mouse. She has started nervously meowing at the bathroom door while we shower (she does NOT understand why we would willingly get wet) until we open it, and then she proceeds to watch from what she considers a safe distance until we emerge, miraculously unharmed by the water. However, her calculations of what a safe distance is are ongoing, and she is always either scurrying away or cautiously edging closer. Evan loves to wait until her head has just popped around the corner, and then send some spray her way, causing her to turn tail and flee. Tell me, fellow cat owners, is this normal behavior?

Scorn, on the other hand, to:

-The Sun, which forgot to mention to me the total solar eclipse on July 22nd, and I MISSED it!!! Dang! Sun, how could you??? Plus, it's been a little hot in Thailand recently, since, oh, I don't know, always . . . tone it down a little, ok sun? (I did actually notice the eclipse, in my brilliant way I thought, "How nice. It's cool and dark this morning.")

-Germs/My Immune System. Get it together, kids. That's all I'm going to say. You've done some good work in the past. Do it again. Your current performance is sub par, at best.

-The Canon 5D mk II
, for making me want what I can't have. How dare you take such beautiful images and cost way more than I can spend? Shame on you!

That's all for today! But I promise, we'll have some really exciting content coming your way soon. So just keep hitting that refresh button.

No comments: