Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Dinner for Evan

Well my father has requested that we try and put up a few blog posts about our daily lives rather than just our travels. This sounded like a great idea and here is the first of a few new posts to come.

So here is a dinner dish that I have just started making for myself. The quantity below is good enough for me for a week or more. The dish is called pad-ka prow moo sup, which basically means ground pork with chilies, garlic and basil leaves. It is really tasty, spicy, and simple to make. Unfortunatly the pictures didn't come out that well as my camera wasn't focusing properly, nonetheless you will get the idea.

Here are the chilies and garlic almost ready to go.

Two pounds of ground beef for 900 grams worth, and a couple of packages of Holy Basil Seasoning, which goes perfect with this dish.

Mix the seasoning packages, chilies, garlic and pork into the wok and cook away. In less than ten minutes everything is done and ready. The pork here is 30%+ fat so having to drain the wok after everything is done makes the dish a tad less appealing.

Here is the finished dish over rice, which is how it is usually served. This dish also worked for me as with the left overs I can add it very easily to anything else we make.

No comments: