Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Our life so far . . .

Here are some pictures from our trip so far:


Evan and I and all our stuff at the SF airport, saying goodbye. We probably brought way too much, but we so far haven't lost anything on our trek. Getting through the airport with all of it was not easy, though.



We made it to Tokyo Narita airport at roughly the middle of the night for us, after a 12 hour flight and having to buy tickets to Guam (don't even ask, apparently they won't let you on the plane without a return ticket). I slept there and took this picture.

It was six pm there, 2 am for us. I was too tired to even care about being in Japan.

Once we arrived in Thailand, things went pretty smoothly, aside from numerous taxi drivers being unable to find our first hotel.


The cold drinks are delicious, and apparently the ice is all government made, so it's mostly safe to drink. We have to drink and buy bottled water, and we're trying to stay away from salad, but we don't feel we have to be overly cautious.

The Thai government has some pretty strict regulations about alcohol and how late bars can be open. Right now they have to close at 1 am, before it was midnight but that proved very unpopular. At the moment, this sign is the only thing we've seen to mark the political unrest we've heard about in Bangkok:

Life seems to be proceeding normally everywhere, from what we can see.

Of course, the wildlife is beautiful.




And finally, some pictures of us in our Bangkok outfits.



Let us know how you are all doing without us!

3 comments:

Brian said...

Your camera really does take wonderful shots, someday I'll get a dslr, they really look worth it. Looks like you're having a good enough time too.

Anonymous said...

WHAT?!!!

(translated to "I envy you! I hate you! I want to be in your shoes! Take me with you!! That's incredible!!")

Jessica and Evan! I hope you are still around when I visit again. Ko Samui is my favorite vacation spot in the whole wide world. I am utterly happy for you! Don't waste a second and enjoy every moment!

Anonymous said...

Dear Evan,

That shirt you have on in the first picture is awesome. Glad to see you are flying the flag proudly... you gigantic nerd.

Hope all is well!

-Eamon